Feedback

Welcome to our feedback forum! We’re constantly looking to improve our platform and your feedback goes a long way in helping us prioritize new features and projects. Thank you for being a part of our communities.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about "ignore" as a precursor to Block?

There are profiles I'd rather not see or hear from, not because they did anything wrong but because I just don't want to see them. Block seems so harsh because if that person ever wanted to make contact they shouldn't be told they've been blocked. An "ignore" would simply be an invisible way to filter out the profiles you just don't care to hear about or are spammy. Then block could be retained for being for serious offenses.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collapse similar photo updates in Lastest Photos

Apologies if this was already suggested, but I would suggest when someone uploads more than 8-10 photos in a certain period of time (say 1 week), the photos are collapsed into one representative picture and a pop-up screen would become visible when hovering over that pic, showing the other pics that were uploaded. There is something similar on Beefyfrat, on the photo news feed on the right side, that shows how many pictures were uploaded and by whom. The reason behind this is some folks like to upload massive quantities of pictures (hard to believe when its still a single…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mutual Followers

Like on facebook- when you view a profile, you should be able to see who you have in common

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a search option for NOT following / followed by you

This way users can find new members to follow

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Confirm identity of a member / User verification

On other sites, user identity is confirmed by requiring users to submit a photo of themselves holding a code number. This works well, and I suggest that it be used on this site also.
    That gives other users confidence that they aren't being misled when they visit a user's profile.

641 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Moderation/Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to sort the newsfeed by post popularity in addition to chronologically

If you don't check the website on a regular basis, sometimes you miss posts. I think the sorting algorithm could be augmented to keep posts with a lot of "noms" and comments at the top of the list. This could be done by adding an additional sort option that allows you to either display the news feed by popularity or in chronological order. Another option would be to combine popularity and post date into a single sort that takes both attributes into account by applying a low pass filter.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification for likes/noms

It would be nice if we got notifications when an item of ours are lliked by someone.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use all available data in automatic status update posts

This incorporates two other suggestions, "Total Weight Gained" and "use GPS". I love how the site posts "...a gain of XXX pounds", but it could add "...in YYY days" (or weeks) and, if appropriate, "...towards goal of ZZZ pounds".

Also, for location changes: "...changed location from XXX to YYY" would make it more clear how guys are moving around, particularly for travel.

And... while we're at it... a local-location field: "...checked in at XXX at YYY" (time or minutes or hours ago). Optionally use GPS for this, but that could get way complicated!

Even so, I'm loving the existing nuances…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Cross-functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to search people by Youtube Username

seeing as most gainers are on youtube it would be nice to see if any of them have Grommr accounts as well, by searching their youtube name on here. could also be applied to twitter username etc.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Re-Arrange Photo Order

Rearrange photos in a specific order after uploading.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Eliminate "North Philadelphia" from your FAQ.

It's not really kind to us Philly gainers, etc. Let's not discriminate against any regions: there are possibly far more dangerous places worldwide.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Site-specific (Grommr)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Require a photo in profiles. If you can see me I should be able to see you.

It's a gaining community site. You shouldn't be able to have a profile without a weight. If you're not a gainer than it shouldn't be a problem.
    The photo should be one you can see the person, not just a random torso.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A feature where you can store private notes for profiles...

Makes it easy to remember real names, private email addresses, last chat, etc.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Identify mother tongue amongst languages selected in profile

Can we have a way to sort the language one speaks so that the mother tongue will appear first?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New comment notification don't highlight the comment

When you get a notification of a command and click the link, it takes you to the page with the notification/comment on it, but does not highlight the comment or jump the page to the point where the comment is shown.

Perhaps either including a page anchor in the link to scroll to that point, or highlighting the comment by way of a background colour or other visual element might assist in specifically targeting the item being referenced?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Profiles for couples

No other site has an ability to have a profile for couples. I'm sure some couples would like to combine their profiles into one for convenience. If they share interests it'd be easier for them to just update one page too.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add more instant messaging options to profile

I have 3 XMPP/Jabber Accounts, 2 AIM accounts, 2 Yahoo, 1 ICQ, one MSN and a steam account, all of which I would like on my profile, or at least to add one of the above, and maybe a website as well.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Community forums/groups, repository for stories, blogs

Having forums where people can post stories, food diaries, & make posting on the forum available to prem members only but reading posts available to all

from BigandHairy: I like to write stories and things like that, I would love to have a way to share them on this site with out offsite linking.

from Gridlock: Lots of other sites have a basic forum setup, but that's pretty late 90s. Why not something atypical but still interactive? Something along the lines of a media section comprising articles written by the members, tips, tricks, stories, and even more general if there's…

909 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Feature: Cross-functional  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base