Skip to content

Feedback

Welcome to our feedback forum! We’re constantly looking to improve our platform and your feedback goes a long way in helping us prioritize new features and projects. Thank you for being a part of our communities.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

41 results found

1. Filtering newsfeed based on content type

I'd love to be able to go to the global or personal newsfeed and click and option or select a post and make it so that kind of content type doesn't show up in your feed.

So if let's say someone posts a video and you don't want to see videos (not everyone loves 80's nights) then you can filter them out and only see the real posts

This is different from having your own newsfeed vs the global feed because if the people you're following get caught up in a video frenzy then it'll show up in your newsfeed…

490 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    processed  ·  64 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a Hover Mini-Profile for Quick Reference

Making like a small Button for profiles, so when you hover your mouse over their picture and a summary appears youll know:

weight/height
    followed/not followed
    gender orientation/pronouns
    block/unblock
    relationship status
    State/Country

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to tag or @User in the posts or comments

You should add a mention function like many vBulletin Forums so if I want to be certain that a specific member sees a post or comment I directed to them, it can easily be done by adding either a #Hashtag or @Symbol in front of their name. As in : Hi @Poomagu -Where have you been?

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  9 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a "My Actions" personal feed

Allowing you to go through all recent wall posts, comy ments and photos you've commented on. essentially the 'sent' part of your mail, but for everything else. This will allow us to easily keep track of any conversations we've had, but lost the knowledge of who we we're talking to.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sticky for those within range of an Event for the Newsfeed

Provide a means for event organisers to post a sticky notification of upcoming events on local newsfeeds of people within range
    Allow sticky messages, similar to announcements on global feed, from events within local area defined by user's geographical range

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Mute

A mute feature would be great.
    A way to just not see people on the feed but they still see you without fully blocking them and using one of my precious 10 blocks would be amazing.
    Already has been posted as an idea but it would be great for people who can then save their blocks for people who are being truly abusive and not just user's who posts leave a sour taste in their mouths.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make No Photos on Global the default.

Too often users have been subjected to photos that are clearly inappropriate or outright disturbing. You can switch photos off for global in the settings but nobody seems to be aware of that unless someone points it out. I think the default setting should be no photos on global unless you switch it on. It would save everyone a lot of grief.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a Poll feature to the status update and newsfeeds

Just an idea, but the ability to make a poll as a status update seems like it might be interesting.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit notice needs to be more subtle.

I am suggesting a change on where the edit notice is. I agree that it is a very important thing to have, but it needs to be more subtle.

Many users as well as me find the (edited) at the end of our posts unsightly. Many users delete the post and repost to avoid it. We shouldn't have to. I feel if the notice was less "in the way" people would enjoy the edit feature a lot more (look at Facebook). If you need help on the design aspect, I have a few ideas that might work. "

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link Previews when Posting Links

So i like how when you post to facebook with instagram or flickr you get a preview/thumbnail. Id like to see that happen when I post to my wall here instead of just a hyperlink.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to sort the newsfeed by post popularity in addition to chronologically

If you don't check the website on a regular basis, sometimes you miss posts. I think the sorting algorithm could be augmented to keep posts with a lot of "noms" and comments at the top of the list. This could be done by adding an additional sort option that allows you to either display the news feed by popularity or in chronological order. Another option would be to combine popularity and post date into a single sort that takes both attributes into account by applying a low pass filter.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Forced "Read More" Tag

Can we have an inline "Read More" tag to use in newsfeed posts? I'm tired of seeing people put those super long spaces in messages to try to hide "trigger warnings" and the like.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Nationwide Newsfeed

Add a "Nationwide Newsfeed". With the local newsfeed, the area is circular and might enter nearby countries. However, most of the time it's easier to travel to faraway places in your own country than it is to travel abroad.
    I live in Sweden, a very long and narrow country, so this circular area is very bothersome and I miss out on posts from people I might know. If I expand the area I get posts from abroad which I don't always want.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Newsfeed Only Photos and Photo Comments

Add ability to post pictures into the newsfeed without having to upload them to your profile, or to reply to someone's post with a photo comment.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save multiple site-wide filters

Add the ability to save more than one filter so we can switch between them without having to redo all the settings each time. For example, sometimes I want to filter for male feedees, but other times I want to see what other female feeders are posting.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Newsfeeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Displaying Hidden Comments from Blocked Users

When you block someone, all of their content is hidden until you unblock them. Well, a minor problem with that is if there's a conversation with one or multiple people you have blocked the conversation will make barely any to no sense. Would it be easily possible to just have a message saying "User has been blocked so message is not displayed." with the ability to click on the text and display the hidden text temporarily? This would make it so you could still keep the person blocked, but make sense of a conversation other people are having with the…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the "you seem to be posting too often" message less harsh

The "you seem to be posting too often" thing is still happening? I've tried to post maybe 4 things in the past hour, and that is too often? I'm just saying a few random things in the span of an hour. I don't think I'm being excessive at all. And, at the very least "you seem to be posting too often" sounds very condescending, could it at least say something like "you have exceeded your post limit for this time." If I go beyond the reasonable means of a non-paying member that's one thing, but to say "you seem to…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us a way to upvote and down posts

No more constant "Skype, anyone?" "Anyone into vore?" "Donations please" "Someone talk to me please I'm lonely" "I hate you guys I'm leaving". More access to the sexiest and funniest things people post. The Global newsfeed can still exist, but it really shouldn't be the homepage.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Choose who can see a given post by various criteria

For example, it would be nice to be able to make a post that's only visible to my followers, or only to people who share a particular kink with me, or only to those within a specific radius of a location. Just a middle ground between private, one-on-one messaging and broadcasting for all of Grommr to see.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base