How can we improve our sites and apps?

international misunderstanding about the term 'casual encounter'

hey there! first off, thank you so much for creating such an incredibly well working website, it's such a treat! I really enjoy being on here <3
but since this is the feedback box I wanted to tell you about a bit of a problem regarding the 'casual encounter' option. I'm not sure how international your team is, but even though I speak English very well I did not know 'casual encounter' means a one night stand or a hookup, I think it's the kind of slang that a lot of people from non-English speaking countries have no access to.

All Americans and English people on this website use it correctly but I've already seen tons of people from Europe say they're in a relationship and just looking for friends but they have "casual encounter" in their description because they think it means literally a casual encounter with someone to talk haha.
I wanted to suggest maybe changing the name so it's clearer to your international audience. My boyfriend is looking for casual hookups but the ratio of people actually meaning hookups and the people who mean casual meetings is about 50/50 it seems, which makes the search hard since there always needs to be clarification of the right usage beforehand.
'interested in: sex' is a bit blunt but it gets the point across quite clearly. or even hookups or something :)

maybe there's some way to change the wording, because the misunderstanding of the term seems to be very high, maybe that's something you can consider (even though you probably get tons of messages haha)
thank you so much for your hard work, all of us really appreciate this website <3

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Danuska shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google