How can we improve our sites and apps?

Do not allow Misandry

Please add Misandry to Law #5 - Equality goes both ways.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kusero shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to uphold the value of social inclusiveness, I believe a promotion and regulation of gender equality is of utmost importance. To better address this pertinent issue (particularly on the Feabie platform) and in accordance with your thorough policy of expected social behaviour as a user, I suggest an addition be made to your Community Conduct Rules - Grokio Communities. Albeit, it is already quite detailed, however it's believed that users are defecting from your platform, primarily due to the level of "drama" being created from your user's posts, particularly those garnering support for trash-talking men. While I respect the freedom of speech of all users and individual cases may promote empathy, I do suggest that under clause "6: Intolerance: One warning", should be extended (in addition to misogyny) to include outlawing the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against men or boys in general (i.e. misandry). This will help preserve the social inclusiveness that I believe is an important value of sites, such as Feabie, and will become a deterrent in "shitposting" or trolling men throughout the newsfeed. It may also improve the reputation of Feabie and other associated sites in the public marketplace, particularly if higher monitoring costs are enacted to proactively penalise users in breach of these Community rules.
    I hope you will genuinely consider my proposal in the best interests of Grokio's social network.

• Dude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The amount of hate speech about men i see on a regular basis is absolutely absurd, and half the time it comes form the same group of people on a regular basis.

Discriminating people based on their gender is not just a terrible community practice, but it's against civil rights.

I would think that more than half the people who pay money for this site are men, and more often than not i see new guys come in here and instantly get barraged by those hate speeches and take off. So if civil rights mean nothing to you then perhaps the possible money you're losing does.

• Lou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regards to claim that there are more misandrist posts than misogynist posts on feabie.

The thing about misogyny is that is it constant & ubiquitous. It's invisible to men. The feed is covered in misogynist posts that may not seem degrading or sexist to you, but that objectify/devalue women by focusing on solely appearance and sexuality. And that's to say nothing about what happens in private messaging. The thing about "misandry" is that it's not systemic. Women carry less value in our society, regardless of whether you agree with that fact or not. Conflating your individual experience as a man who has experienced rejection with a system of oppression may be tempting, but it might be more wise to invest your energy in forming solidarity with women (also, queer folks, POC folks, neuroatypical folks - basically all marginalized people)

• Devon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely add it
    Hate is a two-way street. I believe in leading by example, and if you're allowed to say shit but not have it said back to you, it reeks of hypocrisy.

• Redfoxmoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Misogyny/racism/homophobia/transphobia: There is absolutely NO ROOM for misogyny, racism, homophobia or transphobia on Ferzu. Full stop." So, misandry is okay on Ferzu? How fucking nice. very SJW.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please ban misandry too. There are a LOT more misandric posts on the newsfeed than there are misogynistic ones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base