How can we improve our sites and apps?

Do not allow Misandry

Please add Misandry to Law #5 - Equality goes both ways.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kusero shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lou commented  · 

In regards to claim that there are more misandrist posts than misogynist posts on feabie.

The thing about misogyny is that is it constant & ubiquitous. It's invisible to men. The feed is covered in misogynist posts that may not seem degrading or sexist to you, but that objectify/devalue women by focusing on solely appearance and sexuality. And that's to say nothing about what happens in private messaging. The thing about "misandry" is that it's not systemic. Women carry less value in our society, regardless of whether you agree with that fact or not. Conflating your individual experience as a man who has experienced rejection with a system of oppression may be tempting, but it might be more wise to invest your energy in forming solidarity with women (also, queer folks, POC folks, neuroatypical folks - basically all marginalized people)

• Devon commented  · 

Absolutely add it
        Hate is a two-way street. I believe in leading by example, and if you're allowed to say shit but not have it said back to you, it reeks of hypocrisy.

• Redfoxmoon commented  · 

"Misogyny/racism/homophobia/transphobia: There is absolutely NO ROOM for misogyny, racism, homophobia or transphobia on Ferzu. Full stop." So, misandry is okay on Ferzu? How fucking nice. very SJW.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please ban misandry too. There are a LOT more misandric posts on the newsfeed than there are misogynistic ones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base