How can we improve our sites and apps?

Ideas on modding procedures + problems it causes

My toughts on how the system is working so far:
-When you get reported, The mod is linked to your profile. Not the offensive content directly.
-When someone send a report, They can say all the shit they want about the person. Since there's no way to track someone's posting activity other than logging on their account, it's pretty much impossible to track the source of the offense, unless mods have this power.
-Warnings aren't sent. So it's not runned by a program who will keep track of offenses/Warnings placed and automaticly ban after a certain number of offenses.
-If a mod takes a party in the argument, he has the last word.

This make the following problems rise:
-No Warnings / Uncalled bans.
-Proof could be taked out of context my the reporting user.
-Feedback for the reason of banning is minimal since the person dosen't know what hit him/her

SO. My thoughts:
-Place a ''Report'' option on posts. This way, the post itself, along with the whole conversation could be sent to the mod, so nothing gets taken out of context. Add a box to provide more infos if possible.
-Make a group of mods go threw a program to do the bans. This way, more than one mod will be able to review them then they could judge if the offence is warning worthy.
-Leaving a message saying the reason you got banned when trying to log on your account, along with a protest ban option.
-Don't give a mod the option to ban someone on the spot, unless it's something major. A public log should be open and uneditable by anyone, stating the reason the person got banned.

Those were my ideas and toughts on the few uproars i've saw so far. I hope you'll find some of the ideas interestings and if possible, doable.
Have a nice day~

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service