How can we improve our sites and apps?

Blocked people and events

I regularly create events in the bay area. There have been a handful of times when people that I've blocked have shown up at my events. If I create an event, the people on my blocked list should not be able to see my events. This is a safety issue. Furthermore, MidlandsMassive has told me that someone who has her blocked regularly comments on her events discouraging others to attend. How is this possible?

202 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    krestarae shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jade commented  · 

7 months old with 178 upvotes and we're still waiting for you to add something that should have been a common sense step.

• VboQueen commented  · 

Please fix this. People who have been banned from meets because of inappropriate behaviour currently have access to time and location of future meets, making it very hard for organisers to make sure meets are an enjoyable experience for us all

• Tubby Boston commented  · 

The whole point of the events was to offer some structure and safety to meet-ups. Advertising them to people who've proven to be a danger or even just an unwanted presence totally undermines that function.

• Fay Burns commented  · 

The events I have been to & am planning to attend this year have so much time put into them. Making sure previous attendees have another fab time & that new people are made to feel safe and welcome. It's a great thing we have going here bringing people from across the country and sometimes maybe others, together. It's a shame that probably the same people that cause people on line to have a bad experience could also ruin the events as well. It seems wrong that the people who do all the work can't do anything about it if they can't see the comments, especially on their own events. This will also make it very hard for them to make the events as safe as possible for everyone. Please think about this.

• Rich Jaffa commented  · 

The current system allows for people to run down social events for a social site due to personal grudges or ill will. It also gives the opportunity for someone who's been blocked on the internet to know of and potentially go to the same location as the person who blocked them. The event organisers do everything they possibly can to make the events safe for us. Could Feabie make every effort to do the same for them please?

• Midlands Massive commented  · 

Currently there is a member I'm blocked by; who messages people attending my events telling them not to attend. This needs to be stopped!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This weekend someome was ejected from an event due to inappropriate behaviour. I blocked them but they proceeded to write about it on the event - I couldn't see what the wrote and I couldn't unblock them to respond(72hour rule). They've now been permanently banned from Feabie but I'm the interim them being unable to see the event once I'd blocked them would have been helpful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes! This is something that needs to be fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base