How can we improve our sites and apps?

Better Gender Options, Profile Hover Improvements, and Pronouns on Profile Hover

The gender options on Ferzu are pretty good. But I've seen some users mention how the options available don't necessarily describe their identity. I understand that it's a drop down with selections to be used for searches. I'm not suggesting we remove that, or add more options.

I'm suggesting a feature that is on Facebook. Some people don't know about this option but it has gender tags. In a spot you can type in your gender and it will turn it into a tag. It could replace the current system if you want, if not it could just be a spot where we put our gender's name for example genderfluid, bigender, queer, etc.

As another bonus, the info that appears on profile hover could have this text box's info listed on it. So it would say for example, my name, age, location, gender from that box, then recent photos.

I think regardless of this there should be pronoun options on profile hover info. I can say this would cut back on a lot of misunderstandings and arguments. People would be corrected much less and this would cause less conflict.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)