How can we improve our sites and apps?

Don't give photoless members access before they fill their profile

10% of my followers consist of people with an empty profile or any pictures. They have fully excess to my profile, it doesn't feel good that they can see pretty personal information that i share on this site without taking any effort to share anything of themselves.

Members have the ability to block members, with my membership im able to block 10 members, i've got over 50 'ghostfollowers' so i cant block them all. This really sucks...

I understand the platform does make a difference between premium- and basic memberships. Many basic members are contribution value to this site, so they are part of the success of the platform. So i think its not fair that basic members cant protect their privacy against 'the ghosts'.

My suggestions are;

- Don't give new/ghost members access before they filled their profile and upload at least 1 clear picture of themselves who's visible for everyone.

or

- Give all members the availability to block 'Ghosts'. It must be possible to differentiate ghost profiles from normal profiles... so everybody is able to block ghosts, beside that basic members can block max. 10 members...

351 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dutchfatman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dean commented  · 

Again another great concept seemingly untouched. It's been "gathering feedback" for as long as I can remember now. These spam, catfish, and seemingly blank profiles plague and ruin your communities for genuine people interested in connecting, ruins the experience, and creates mistrust. Additional fluff features like the ones I see in implanting states are nice. But stuff like this should be top priority I'd imagine for the quality and trust of the platform you want to provide.

Feedback and Knowledge Base