How can we improve our sites and apps?

Community forums/groups, repository for stories, blogs

Having forums where people can post stories, food diaries, & make posting on the forum available to prem members only but reading posts available to all
---
from BigandHairy: I like to write stories and things like that, I would love to have a way to share them on this site with out offsite linking.
---
from Gridlock: Lots of other sites have a basic forum setup, but that's pretty late 90s. Why not something atypical but still interactive? Something along the lines of a media section comprising articles written by the members, tips, tricks, stories, and even more general if there's an audience for it. pics, thoughts, layouts, things like that but wholly commentable by the site members so you'd get the benefit of content AND the workings of a conversation forum combined. Webzine of sorts. Just a thought.

880 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ukfatteen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • akiel commented  · 

So an member-exclusive media website related to Grommr, kinda like Trendzz.com is to Brazzers, but only accessible to premium members?

• Denim commented  · 

I think it would be cool to be able to create pages for stuff like commissions, support groups, stuff like that.

• Zytan commented  · 

Perhaps some kind of user group system would be nice, for example a group for people who like x game may join it to discuss things. A little bit like Steam's system, however finding other furries specifically would be much easier on this site.

• ModifiedRabbit commented  · 

I agree. I was just posting about this around 10 mins ago. xD
        Hashtags and searching profiles is fine and all but tedious and takes forever. Forums would be so much more fun and far more efficient in choosing who you wish to message privately. =]
        Being able to share images in the forums would be nifty too but for now, just basic chatting in them would suffice much better than the FB style posting.

• gorfhorf commented  · 

I WOULD really like if was some way to have groups or topics pages, each with their own "profile" and newsfeed. Like, in the sidebar:

"Global Newsfeed
        Local Newsfeed
        My Newsfeed
        Stories
        New York Grommoff 2016"

If a user you follow makes a topic in one of these groups, it shows up in My Newsfeed in the same format as if they were posting a message on someone's wall. So:

"[LargePerson avatar] LargePerson > Transformation Stories
        It was a dark and stormy night. ... [Read More]"

I feel like that would function well enough as a forum, story submission area, etc. The format limitations of statuses right now isn't IDEAL for recipes or stories, but it would be totally usable as a fit-all for forum-like groups, story sharing groups, event groups, etc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

A stories section would be great, I have so many with nowhere to put them!

• Darthpaul commented  · 

I think it would be cool to have a group section where users can create groups and other users can join the groups. Also, forums would be great and the ability to create blogs would be nice.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Friend favorites only you can see so your not searching through hundred of profiles or using the search tool

to create a seance of community create a "Belly of the Month" award and you have a place to see the and the winner gets a month free on Grommr

Create categories for people to share art and stories

make exclusive grommoffs in major cities from coast to cost (though i think you guys have nothing to do with the current ones if you sponsored them id be like pride then again I've never been to one so I don't know how they work)

and why do you have to ask everyone just make both of the upgrades it just sounds like your limiting us

• Anonymous commented  · 

Feabie definitely needs a forum in order to sustain longer conversation threads than the Facebook style status allows.

• Katalanez commented  · 

If you create a forums section, maybe you'd try with an "artists forum". There're a lot of bbw artists (bbw and bhm artists & related art) here ;)

xxx thank you,
        Gabriel

• saragara commented  · 

It would be amazing to have a section of stories. I guess it's not important, therefore you will focus on what is important first. But it would be nice, especially in those moments when you don't want to leave the web, but neither are you doing anything like talking to someone or look at other profiles... Or also because you give the chance to people to express their ideas, fantasies, etc. and they can demonstrate their ability and art.

• kindawannagain commented  · 

A forum or chat room section. Or something that allows users to connect in a way that isn't just searching through criteria and systematically messaging everyone in that criteria.

• Misty commented  · 

I literally just joined this and, I do not see anywhere to blog or write notes! I would like to blog about food or write notes, share recipes and what not though i do not see anywhere to do this! Please correct me if there is a section or anything similar!

Feedback and Knowledge Base