How can we improve our sites and apps?

Search by Country / More Distance Options

We should be able to filter by country. In countries like the US / Canada / Austrailia - you should be able to limit a search to your state / province.

While we are at it, we should be able to set location distance with a sliding bar to be able to set between 1KM to 500KM. Smaller increments would be nice.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BbkBbk commented  · 

I am based on Europe, most users are located in North America, it is very frustrating especially on mobile (where there a no flags) to search for users in Europe.

The right solution imo is to allow to search within distance range, allowing this values
        500km
        1000km
        2000km
        3000km
        uo to 5000km

Or, even more simple, when setting the location to search, allow to set different distance ranges from location

This lack of this is my biggest frustration with your search

• DraculionDraculion commented  · 

Able to refine searching based on location.

Currently I assume the search query is based on distance around area < 500km, it would be nice to have some sort of sliding bar that goes from 10km-1000km of the desired search location

• YukonerYukoner commented  · 

We should be able to search by Country, then Province/State, and finally city

• ShaunShaun commented  · 

Virtually the same concept already being used for Age, BMI, Weight, & Height. However this slider would adjust the boundaries of selected area (city, state) either by expanding it out further, or shrinking it for more specified results. Despite entering my city and state, the Location feature still gives me a mess of results...with my relevant choices scattered throughout the list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base