Feedback

Welcome to our feedback forum! We’re constantly looking to improve our platform and your feedback goes a long way in helping us prioritize new features and projects. Thank you for being a part of our communities.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pinned Messages / Inbox Organization

It would be incredibly helpful if there was the ability to pin messages in your inbox or create folders within the inbox so that people aren't lost and I can keep up with conversations

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    processed  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need video calling

Video call on everything like Facebook . But only designated that you guys have websites..

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  43 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group chats

I think that it would be better if people could add more people into conversations but dealing with paying wise I think it would be a good idea to add it to the membership so the most people we could have in our group chat should be at least 4 but if you want more you have to but the membership

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sending videos in messages

If at all possible, I think it would be really cool to be able to send videos in messages, rather than just a link to one. Kind of the same way you can take a picture privatley, but the same for videos as well.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cancel unwanted message sent for mistake

What do you think if the site would permit to cancel a text in chat after it was send?
    In my opinion, it will be useful and it will improve the app and the site.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search messages by content and username

I noticed message searching is now ONLY by username, not content... any hope of getting both? ;)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Read Receipt / Typing Notification

Have in so in private chat online or on the app to have the user be able to know if their chatting partner has read the message, or if they are writing back.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  16 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto-Refresh on/off

A friend tells me you're planning a redesign.
    I'm a totally blind screen reader user, and I'm learning how to use the site.
    The one enduring problem I have is that your messaging page, for chat purposes, keeps auto-refreshing, and the synthetic speech I use to hear where I am and what I'm typing keeps being thrown back to some other place, and it's very hard for me to edit my messages properly.
    So, would it be possible to have an "auto-refresh on or off" option?
    What do you think?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Confirm photo before sending in private message

I'd love a chance to confirm a photo before it posts or sends in a private message. Sometimes you can click the wrong image.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Archive messages with a deleted account

Allow for the ability to see messages from accounts that have blocked you / you've blocked, as well as users who have left the site.

It would allow for the benefit of being able to report harassment and still have proof.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Receiver accepts/denies pictures/messages

Make it so that the recipient has to agree to receive a picture from someone else in chat/messages/mail. This will prevent unsolicited offensive images from being seen.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to send a mass message/bulletin to all my followers

Maybe consider adding a way to send "My Followers" a mass message. I get so many followers at one time that I can't keep up with all the "thank you for the follow" comments :-)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Report misconduct directly in messages

Allow users the option to report a user for spam directly from the message. This would allow the report to be automatic, and could add a screenshot before posting to the admin team

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the chat XMPP/Jabber compatible

This would allow users to chat without having to actually be on the main site, possibly making it easier for mobile users. Also, jabber clients generally integrate more into the user's system.It would just be something that would be nice to have.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Inbox: add ability to multiple-select items and bulk-delete them

I think we need a function to mass delete messages from the inbox (either through checking messages we want to delete or by a simple empty inbox button), or at least stop the message deletion banner from stacking and filling the screen on multiple deletions.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  14 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to permanently delete messages

would be great to be able to really delete former messages and not having them just moved to the deleted-folder

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  13 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mark all as Read Option

In the inbox of messages, due to often high volume, could there be a simple button added that resets the inbox number to zero or essentially marks all messages as 'read'?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make a small chat window stay on screen while navigating the site (or popup)

I think the individual chat window & tab would be nice. It's nice to be able to chat with someone without exiting to another messenger.

483 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    processed  ·  11 comments  ·  Feature: Messaging/Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Press Enter to send message

We should be able to send message by pressing "ENTER" key in the website.. It's annoying to use the mouse or mouse pad all the time to click on reply. So please look after these. Thank You :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't cut URLs off in chat messages

I noticed that URLs posted in the mobile chat client cut off the actual URL path and leave just the domain.

It looks pretty misleading, not seeing where any URL actually leads. If there's an option already to change it, it really should be showing the whole URL by default.

Obviously, an embedded URL preview would be better still, but. Not having any clue where the URL is actually pointing is just not good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base