Feedback

Welcome to our feedback forum! We’re constantly looking to improve our platform and your feedback goes a long way in helping us prioritize new features and projects. Thank you for being a part of our communities.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. consider creating a geospecific notification area to advise of upcoming events

Given the site already has a concept of "near me" for profiles, perhaps this could be extended to geospecific announcements such as upcoming events, where people can decide the distance between them and events they're interested in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blog Notifications

This is a low priority enhancement, but it would be helpful to show a notification next to the blog link to show that there is a new post. I'm not even sure this is possible, since it's hosted on Tumblr.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. show us how many of a given item we have left...

whenever we look at pictures, or search for items in the newsfeed, or use private messages as free users, please let us know two things: how much time remains before a refresh and how many items we have left.ie: if i've looked at 10 pictures, let me know via a tickertape or something above every page i view that says: "you have 15 pictures remaining that you can view."thankyou. :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have member statistics based on a users particular BMI

When visiting a user's profile, you could see what percentile of BMI they are compared to all the other profiles on the site. This could be a distribution. And/Or the BMI could be used and converted back to weight for a users own metric, so that they can see for their height, what weight they would have to be to be to be in the top 20% etc...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site-specific (Grommr)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There seems to be an issue with the messages tab.....

Recent issue - in firefox, at least.Cannot go directly to message tab when you log it - it ignores clicking - have to go to another tab first then to message tab...very odd.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please provide options in the profile settings for partnered members. This way both partners can share stats and info.

Allow partnered members to both add stats in one profile. We should not require true partnerships supply separate profiles. It would be good to encourage healthy partnerships.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Joined options

Some of your checklist options that are joint might better be separated. You already have specifications for Feeder separated from Feedee.I for one, like to be teased and humiliated but not in public by any means. In the Daddy/Son relationship, I'd like people to see at a glance that I'd prefer to be the son and not the Daddy as much, despite the slew of lovely twenty year olds who want me to father them.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Site-specific (Grommr)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Expansion '12 Roommate Finder

A tool or area to post yourself as available for rooming at Expansion, including specifics about non-smoking, eating in the room, times getting up/going to bed, and other special considerations like that.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Upvote/Downvote and Close Threads

In the future to ease the burden of the admins/mods, you should implement an Upvote and Downvote feature to threads. Too many Downvotes and you could automatically hide or close threads from further postings. Also a close thread from future postings feature can be very useful to admins/mods.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New comment notification don't highlight the comment

When you get a notification of a command and click the link, it takes you to the page with the notification/comment on it, but does not highlight the comment or jump the page to the point where the comment is shown.

Perhaps either including a page anchor in the link to scroll to that point, or highlighting the comment by way of a background colour or other visual element might assist in specifically targeting the item being referenced?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a photo search with the same criteria as the people search.

That way there's a lot less clicking involved if you're looking for that quick fix. wink

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Left-side nav-bar search box

Add a search box to the left side navigation. Default it to search usernames, perhaps giving a drop-down, or preferences setting if we want to search some other data field by default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. turn the my type tool into a third newsfeed that isn't set as anyones default newsfeed

A lot of members seem to be upset with the new filter system, I don't understand why. I see the tool as another feature to the website that no one is being forced to use. One member compared it to the "my newsfeed" option on the right and considered it redundant. I don't think its a redundant option though.What I'm suggesting is that the filter becomes a third newsfeed option on the right side of the page, but leave the unfiltered global newsfeed as the default home newsfeed for everyone. Then members don't have to turn a filter on and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a new "measuring/weighing" kink

I would like the growth-related kink "measuring/weighing" added to the site. Although the use of scales and measuring tape are implied in a lot in gaining, some guys really get off on the activity (seeing the numbers, seeing scales tip, tracking progress), and integrate it into gaining encounters.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Moderation/Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to be excluded from user searches

Add a feature to eliminate a user from search. He can still be followed and participate. For privacy minded users, this would add a detorent to stalkers etc...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow commenting on a photo comment

I would like to suggest allowing users to directly respond to the photo comments others have made.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remind Users to fill-out info

Perhaps to help alleviate the raft of otherwise-blank profiles, it would be nice if Grommr had the ability to 'nudge' a user to add details about their profile shortly after registration - say, within seven days.

It could start small, like "We noticed you haven't listed any favorite movies - perhaps you'd like to share a few now?"

Facebook, if I recall, does (or did) something similar - and would even go as far as recommend friends based on mutual interest(s).

It would help encourage participation from users if they added details like this.

Even a little bit of information,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature: Profiles/Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Eliminate "North Philadelphia" from your FAQ.

It's not really kind to us Philly gainers, etc. Let's not discriminate against any regions: there are possibly far more dangerous places worldwide.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Site-specific (Grommr)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base